This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Production
The Production Manager duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Act as a primary liaison between the Producers and the Production Team including scheduling and facilitating meetings
• Manage internal communications for the Production
• Prepare and manage all contracts and process invoices for all Production Team and Cast personnel
• In collaboration with the Technical Director, Artscape Event Venues, liaise with unions (CAEA, IATSE, etc.) involved with the Production
• Develop the Production Budget based on the vision and script for the Production and manage all aspects of the Production Budget
• Understand and interpret the designs developed for the Production as it relates to the Production Budgets and all technical and equipment requirements
• Manage all technical aspects of the Production
• Schedule rehearsals, book rehearsal space and develop/oversee all aspects of the technical schedule
• Coordinate with the Production Technical Director in addition to suppliers all equipment rentals
• Coordinate with the Technical Director, Artscape Event Venues, for all technical inventory management and storage
• Arrange and coordinate delivery, load in and set up of all equipment, audio, lighting and set
• Attend and manage with the Creative Director and Stage Manager all Dress and Technical Rehearsals as well as shows
• Implement health and safety procedures
The Production Manager reports to Daniels as an independent contractor and works in close collaboration with the Creative Director and all artistic and production personnel to support the artistic vision for The Journey production within approved budgets.
The Production Manager is responsible for the delivery of all administrative and technical elements for The Journey production.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working on professional stage productions as well as background working in a community setting. Previous work with and knowledge of unions, union obligations and working with collective agreements is an asset as the stage technicians working at Daniels Spectrum are represented by IATSE 58.
Funds raised through The Journey directly support programming, operations and capital improvements at Daniels Spectrum.
• Celebrate and/or commemorate milestones from the history of the Regent Park community through a hybrid of spoken word, drama, music and dance with:
o Community members
o The public
o Current and prospective donors
• Showcase the creative talents of Canadian performers and members of the Regent Park community
• Provide skills/capacity building and performance opportunities to youth from Regent Park
• Raise funds for capital improvements, operations and programming at Daniels Spectrum
As the revitalization continues to transform the Regent Park community, The Journey – A Living History of the Regent Park Revitalization returns to the stage at Daniels Spectrum in November 2018 with a brand new script and storyline.
Inspired by true events, The Journey is written by Daniels’ President Mitchell Cohen in collaboration with the Regent Park community. The 2018 rendition of this spirited musical highlights both the struggles and triumphs of two families as change overtakes both their community and their personal lives.
Using a powerful combination of drama, spoken word, music and dance, The Journey is performed by talented young artists from the Regent Park community sharing the stage with world-class performers - all under the guidance of Creative Director Kate Fenton and Musical Director Henry Heillig.
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Interested applicants are asked to send a resume, list of 2 references, fee expectations and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this contract to Heela Omarkhail at The Daniels Corporation at . Please respond no later than January 12, 2018.
The Daniels Corporation builds with a passion for creating vibrant communities in every sense of the word. Daniels looks beyond the bricks and mortar, including social, cultural and economic infrastructures that will create a unique sense of place. This commitment has been an integral part of Daniels’ corporate philosophy for over 34 years. Daniels has built more than 27,000 award-winning homes and apartments, master-planned mixed-use communities, and commercial and retail spaces, and has earned its standing as one of Canada’s largest and preeminent builder/developers.
'The Journey: A Living History of the Revitalization of Regent Park' is a fundraising musical stage production co-produced by The Daniels Corporation (Daniels) and Toronto Artscape Inc. (Artscape), collectively the Producers, in support of Daniels Spectrum, a cultural hub in Regent Park. Funds raised through The Journey directly support programming, operations and capital improvements at Daniels Spectrum.