This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
The Production Coordinator is a key member of the administrative team, and will demonstrate the core values of the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra with particular emphasis on professionalism, sound judgment and ethics. The Production Coordinator provides logistical support for all Calgary Phil departments, and acts as the on-site point person for all Calgary Phil events outside the Jack Singer Concert Hall. Working with staff from all Calgary Phil departments, this position provides the support and continuity to ensure the success of Calgary Phil services and events.
- Coordinate and assist with set-up for all orchestra services and other events (team building, recitals, fundraising events) including – managing crews, truck rentals, logistics, etc.
- Manage CPO equipment and materials Inventory including new purchases, maintenance, etc.
- Provide guest artist support, manage catering/supplies/dressing room rider
- Act as Stage Manager for CPO events
- Manage the Music Director’s Suite – supplies/materials/use requests
- Facilitate any concerns from orchestra personnel during services
- Transport all marketing and fundraising materials (Prelude, banners, signage) to all CPO events outside Jack Singer Concert Hall
- Facilitate set-up of outreach events (Phil Kids, Discovery Zoo, team building, Education Events and Outreach Performances)
- Other duties as assigned
REPORTING AND ACCOUNTABILITY
The Production Coordinator reports to the Director of Orchestra Operations and is supervised by the Associate Director, Production. As well, the Production Coordinator will work collaboratively with all other Calgary Phil staff, including musicians, artists, resident companies and partners.
QUALIFICATIONS AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Valid Driver’s License
Finely tuned communication and organizational skills
Self-motivated and ability to work independently
Demonstrated flexibility and resourcefulness
Demonstrated ability in troubleshooting audio, video, staging and or lighting requirements
Experience driving 26’ cube vans considered an asset
The Calgary Phil offers competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Frank Gallant, Associate Director, Production
Led by internationally renowned Music Director Roberto Minczuk, the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra has been a cornerstone of Calgary’s multi-faceted arts community since 1955 and is one of North America’s finest and most versatile live music ensembles. From classical giants to rock and roll hits and family favorites, the CPO offers an average of 80 concerts per Season designed to fit all musical tastes. A repertoire that is extensive and broad in scope consistently attracts acclaimed guest artists and conductors.