This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Production
• Reception, phone, database, and other office assistance as required
• Participation in Staff & Production meetings
• Assist in the collection and processing of Participant forms
• Assist with program and poster distribution
• Pitching in with staff on daily production duties as required
• Project-based activities: ie. organizing supplies, phoning for quotes, making signs
• Assist with the planning and production of FringeKids Fest and other special events
• Assuming a role in a festival department aligned with interests and abilities of student (i.e. artist billeting, volunteer services)
The Festival Production Assistant (PA) will be involved in the day-to-day planning, administration, and production of the Victoria Fringe Theatre Festival, a large-scale, international performing arts festivals in Victoria BC. The Production Assistant will be an important part of the Festival Admin team and encouraged to participate in a diverse range of projects and to assist where needed in the office or on the festival site. This allows maximum exposure to all elements of festival coordination.
Experience or interest in festivals, live performance (theatre), and community events are an asset.
Applications by Indigenous, Metis, and visible minority students are encouraged as a priority of this CJS placement.
OBJECTIVES OF THIS POSITION:
To prepare students for future employment opportunities in the arts and culture sector, particularly in event production, management, promotions and publicity, and general operational requirements of Festivals in a fast moving professional environment. An excellent position for students considering careers in Performing Arts, Tourism, Event Planning, Cultural Resource Management, Business Management or Education.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT THROUGH CANADA SUMMER JOBS PROGRAM
To apply for this position the applicant must be:
• between 18 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
• registered as a full-time student during the 2014-15 academic year
• intending to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year
• a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
Please do not apply if you do not meet the above qualifications: your application cannot be considered.
Established in 1986, Intrepid Theatre produces large-scale theatre festivals in the summer months: Uno Fest (May), OUTstages (July), and the Victoria Fringe Theatre Festival (Aug-Sept), now in its 30th year. The Fringe is an eleven-day international live theatre festival that features up to 60 productions and free public events on ten stages around Victoria, for an audience of more than 20,000 annually.