This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Technical
The Arts Club is currently accepting applications for the position of Part-time/ Regular Head Rental Technician to cover for a 2 month leave of absence. The Head Rental Technician will work under the supervision of the Rentals Manager and will be responsible to the Technical Directors or Stage Managers in the specific requirements of each rental or production.
Specific skills will include, but not be limited to:
• Proficiency in programming and operation of computer and manual lighting boards
• Operation of sound equipment for both recorded and live purposes
• Experience with sound recording and video projection (Q-Lab / SFX)
• Basic Stage Carpentry Skills
• Able to work at heights
• Excellent ability to work and communicate with rental clients
Duties will include, but not limited to:
• Lighting/sound operator
• Lighting and sound maintenance
• Supervision on strikes, hangs and focus sessions
• Assist in the maintenance of Arts Club Theatre buildings
• Assist in the preset and tear down of Arts Club productions
• Liaising between clients and head rentals technician
Preference will be given for the following:
• LE (Limited Entertainment) Certificate
• Level 1 First Aid
• A valid BC Driver’s License; ability to drive a 5 tonne truck
• Pyrotechnics and/or Firearms license
• At least two years of professional theatre technician experience
• Experience in a fly house
• Experience with Windows computer operating system and computer networking
• LPEC Certificate
The Head Rental Technician will be self-motivated, possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work in a team atmosphere. The ideal candidate will be a good communicator and able to think on their feet and meet the needs of “one-off” rentals under tight time constraints.
The successful candidate must be able to work every Sunday from 6am-3pm at the Granville Island Stage. Also, a flexible schedule is favourable as work hours will vary. This position will be subject to the occasional last minute call.
Applicants are invited to submit their resumes to:
Katherine Stadel, Rentals Manager
1585 Johnston Street
Vancouver, BC V6H 3R9
We thank all who express interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Located on the scenic Granville Island in Vancouver, BC, and in its 49th season, the Arts Club Theatre Company is one of Canada’s most successful professional theatre companies. This non-profit theatre produces currently fifteen plays in three theatres: the Granville Island Stage and Revue Stage on Granville Island and the Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage, in addition we do a series of three local run out/tour productions. The Production Department, including this position, is under an IATSE Collective Agreement.