This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Master Carpenter Technician (MC) will construct scenery for all University Players productions. The incumbent will work independently and collaborate with other members of the tech staff: Technical and Production Coordinator (TPC), Props Master and Scene Shop Coordinator (PMSSC), and Scenic Designer/Artist (SD/A) to ensure the smooth operation of production aspects of University Players and the School of Dramatic Art.
The successful candidate will possess:
• Relevant degree in Theatre (Design, Production, Technical areas)
• Working knowledge of traditional stagecraft techniques, architectural periods, artistically inclined for reproduction, selection of medium used and produce with efficiency.
• Working knowledge of Welding
• Working knowledge of computer aided drawing (Auto CAD, Vector Work, Sketch-Up)
• Ability to operate effectively and pro-actively within a small team
• Proven ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines with a busy schedule
• Proven time-management and organizational skills
• Proven ability to instruct inexperienced students in the basics of scenery and set construction
The preferred candidate will possess:
Salary: per Schedule A of the collective agreement (CUPE 1393)
See job posting at:http://www1.uwindsor.ca/employment/2016-13-31
The University of Windsor is a comprehensive, student-focused university, with more than 15,000 students enrolled in a broad range of undergraduate and graduate programs including several professional schools