This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Management
The Manager, Production and Technical Services, manages all aspects of production and technical services for the SFU Woodward’s - Goldcorp Centre for the Arts’ seven performance and exhibition venues in the SFU Woodward’s Performance Complex. The Manager contributes to the effective utilization of SFU Woodward’s venues through an in-depth knowledge of the production and technical capabilities of the venues, the staff, and the production requirements of events. The Manager, Production and Technical Services develops and manages budgets and ensures fiscal accountability for budget areas. The incumbent of the position makes operational decisions to maximize revenues and improve cost-efficiency. The Manager provides technical direction for all productions presented at the Performance Complex including those internal to SFU as well as those presented in collaboration with non-SFU arts and cultural organizations. The Manager, Production and Technical Services hires, trains, and supervises production and technical staff supporting events.
• University graduation with a Fine Arts degree in Theatre Production, with a minimum of five years of experience as a Technical Director in theatre and event management, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• In-depth knowledge of all aspects of the performing arts with a strong emphasis on contemporary art forms.
• Excellent knowledge of customer service requirements in a wide range of the performing arts with a good knowledge of industry riders and touring requirements.
• Good knowledge of budget management, financial reporting tools, and cost control methods.
• Proficiency in the use of administrative and financial management software applications in addition to Autocad or Vectorworks.
• Strong leadership and supervisory skills with the ability to motivate staff.
• Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, client relations, and problem solving skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain strong business relationships with clients and suppliers.
• Ability to supervise the work of staff including SFU technical and production staff and CUPE crews.
• Ability to schedule and manage multiple events concurrently.
• Ability to accurately estimate the costs associated with the presentation of productions and events.
• Ability to work in a creative environment, meet firm deadlines, and be responsive to changing needs.
• Ability to work flexible hours including early morning, evenings, and weekends.
Salary: $65,889 - $78,684 per annum
A detailed resume and cover letter quoting Competition #107 must be received in our office by 4:30 pm on March 30, 2015, addressed to the attention of Francesca Turrell, Human Resources Advisor. Please follow the application instructions at:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Goldcorp Centre for the Arts if a multi-venue, state of the art performance complex, in the heart of downtown Vancouver. Venues include a 350 seat cinema, 4 black box theatres of variable capacities and capabilities, an acoustic concert space, and an art gallery. GCA is also the home of the Simon Fraser University's School for the Contemporary Arts. GCAs events range from lectures and conferences, International Film Festivals, to large scale international theatrical performances