This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Technical
The show features a mix of 10 lav microphones on actors and a sound cue system run off of Ableton. The Sound Mixer would be responsible solely for handling the live mix. Familiarity with Ableton software is an asset but not a necessity.
The dates for sound would be January 14-21 at the Shadbolt Centre for the Arts, January 24-29 at the Roundhouse Performance Centre, and February 1-4 at the Surrey Arts Center. Those date ranges include tech with sound and performances at each of the three venues. In total it would be a three week contract, and the sound mixer would be paid a fee per week.
Experience mixing a lavalier microphone system in a theatre environment, including:
- running mic checks before each show
- setting up the mic wires on actors
- making minor EQ adjustments as necessary
- mixing the mic levels during the show, on either a digital or analog sound console
- changing batteries in transmitter packs as necessary
Familiarity with the program Ableton is an asset, but not necessary.