This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of electrical capabilities, voltage restrictions, wiring methods and load capacities and the ability to apply knowledge to service requirements.
• In accordance with Facility standards and the Canadian Electrical Code, review, interpret and install event electrical and plumbing requirements as outlined in event work orders and floor plans.
• Work individually and provide leadership to the onsite team during scheduled shifts, including: on the job training, cross training, and general direction and guidance as necessary while performing work in one or more skilled trades.
• Onboard new staff and provide new employee training as requested.
• Serve as primary contact while on shift for onsite event electrical/plumbing changes and additions.
• Work within tight deadlines and under pressure to complete requirements safely and to standards.
• Exhibit creative and logical approaches to troubleshooting and problem solving; recognizing costs and requirements.
• Adhere to all work safety regulations and practices and maintain a safe working environment.
• Perform shop duties including testing, inspection and maintenance of electrical tools and equipment.
• Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the electrician shop and work areas to a high standard.
• Assist in the planning of installations, providing recommendations and suggestions. Maintain an inventory list of equipment and order basic supplies and consumables as necessary.
• Provide recommendations for new purchases to enhance services for our clients and guests.
• Assist with lighting adjustments and resetting of breakers as required. Provide assistance to base electricians as directed.
• Perform other related duties as required.
• High school certification or equivalent
• Full Entertainment (FE) Certification; OR
• Journey-person Red Seal Inter-Provincial Electrical Certification with event or entertainment industry experience
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in the entertainment or event industry as a certified electrician
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and similar business software
• Customer service experience dealing directly with clients is an asset
• Valid forklift and scissor lift certification are an asset
• Demonstrated effective communication skills including ability to follow instructions and provide clear directions
• Demonstrated leadership qualities and strong conflict management skills
• Maintain a safety sensitive environment, proactively identifying safety concerns, and manage/report accordingly
• Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as well the ability to work effectively in a team environment, with tight deadlines
• Work is performed primarily indoors; however, must be mentally and physically able to deal with exposure to seasonal heat and cold in an outdoor and indoor environment, and requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights up to 75 lbs.
• Strong customer service skills and ability to maintain a highly professional, friendly, and courteous demeanor
• Ability to accurately and quickly prioritize conflicting requirements, and to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Must be able to work a variety of shifts including mornings, evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays within a 40 hour work week, with overtime as needed
Interested candidates please send a resume and covering letter to:
to arrive before 8:00 AM on Monday July 4, 2016
PLEASE INDICATE “LEAD EVENT TECHNICIAN” IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR E-MAIL
The Vancouver Convention Centre is seeking a talented individual to join our team in the role of Lead Event Technician.
You are a proven leader able to work effectively in a team environment to review, interpret and install electrical and plumbing requirements for our various events in accordance with Facility standards and the Canadian Electrical Code. This position will serve as the primary contact for onsite event electrical/plumbing additions and changes. The successful candidate will be a fully certified and experienced electrical professional with the ability to work within tight deadlines and under pressure to complete requirements accurately and safely.