This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Design
• Overseeing the design, construction, alteration, and repair of costume stock and working with wardrobe assistants to ensure that the work is completed in a timely manner.
• Supervising wardrobe staff in the efficient set-up, operation, and maintenance of the wardrobe department workshop, its costume stock and equipment.
• Overseeing costume maintenance throughout rehearsals, performances, and post-show strike. Cast are responsible for storing and laundering their own costumes, except in extraordinary circumstances such as delicate pieces, or those soiled with stage blood. In such cases, Wardrobe may be required to store and/or launder the particular pieces.
• Working within the seasonal budget assigned to the Wardrobe Department in collaboration with the Production Coordinator.
• Assisting in the hiring of Wardrobe Assistants (in cooperation with the Executive Director and/or Production Manager).
• Collaborating with stage management to map out and manage costume pre-sets and quick-changes so they can flow smoothly during Dress Rehearsals and Performances.
• Working with the stage management team to coordinate costume returns after the final performance, and overseeing the packing up and winter storage of wardrobe stock and equipment once the play has closed.
• Participating in Leadership Team meetings and weekly production meetings.
• Enforcing and staying up to date on current health and safety concerns/policies pertaining to the Wardrobe Department.
• Other duties as required.
• Ability to work and lead while under pressure
• The ability to balance tight deadlines with personal care and stress management
• Experience and education in Theatre and/or management
• Previous experience in theatres which are comprised mainly of volunteer actors
• Experience in outdoor theatre and/or events
• Experience in production scheduling/planning/staffing
• Must enjoy working in a challenging creative environment. With 200 hundred volunteer actors, animals, extreme heat, cold, rain, mud, and a tight schedule, it’s important that staff have a positive attitude and a good sense of humour.
• Willing and able to walk the challenging outdoor, 60-acre set
Please take a moment to visit our website www.canadianpassionplay.com and submit a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations.
The deadline for resume submission is Friday January 15, 2018.
Salary: Contract to be negotiated
Vance Neudorf – Executive Director
1-403-823-2001 ext. 226
Now in its 25th Season, the Canadian Badlands Passion Play is one Canada’s largest outdoor theatrical events. The company is a unique combination of primarily volunteer performers with professional mentors and crew. The company mandate is to annually depict the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ in dramatic form. It is performed on Canada’s largest outdoor stage, built into the hills of the Drumheller badlands in front of a 2700-seat outdoor amphitheatre.