This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Reporting to the Technical Director, the Head Sound Technician’s duties include but are not limited to:
* ensuring that sound equipment is set up properly and consistent with the show concept;
* ensuring the set up of all communication systems (program sound and clearcom);
* running audio during shows and rehearsals;
* running and mixing audio for live music/concerts
* set up and operation of audio visual equipment (projectors, DVD’s, switchers) ;
* operating and troubleshooting audio, video and communications equipment;
* inspecting and maintaining audio, video and communications equipment;
* assisting with set up and tear down of all show equipment;
* assisting with the maintenance of all technical, including Audio Visual, equipment.
* preparing inventory reports.
* carrying out all other tasks requested by the Technical Director.
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
* a minimum of three years’ experience in theatre and a minimum of two years as a Sound Technician and Audio Visual Technician
* must have thorough knowledge of digital sound boards
* experience in mixing live concerts and mixing live theatre
* knowledge of some basic audio recording, playback and mixing software
* minimum of 2 years experience operating a digital console (Yamaha DM 2000)
* a good general understanding of all technical aspects of theatre and live shows;
* knowledge of carpentry and rigging is an asset;
* experience in dance, live music and other performing arts is an asset;
* ability to work well under pressure;
* good communication skills;
* must love contemporary theatre and live performing arts.
Theatre Junction GRAND technicians work under a collective bargaining agreement with Local 212 of IATSE (International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees). Remuneration includes benefits and RRSPs.
For more information on The GRAND and Theatre Junction, please visit our website.
Salary: Union Contract/Hourly
Please send resumes to:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By fax: 403-263-3605
By mail: Theatre Junction at The GRAND
608 1st St SW
Calgary AB T2P 1M6
More Info: 403-205-2922 ext 215 or 403-200-6100
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Theatre Junction GRAND is Calgary’s culturehouse for contemporary live arts. We plan our program using a 3-pillar strategy that includes (1) new creation by a resident company of artists, (2) local, national and international presentations of theatre, dance and music, (3) work by community partners such as Decidedly Jazz Danceworks, Springboard Fluid Festival and One Yellow Rabbit. Theatre Junction at The GRAND also hosts private events in Velvet Restaurant & Lounge and in the theatre(s).
The main theatre is a flexible space capable of multiple stage and seating configurations. There is also a studio space for rehearsals, events and small public performances.