This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Reports to: Head Carpenter, Technical Director
Rainbow Stage (1993) Inc. is inviting applications for the position of HEAD OF AUDIO. This is a seasonal, full-time position commencing June 2018, and ending September 2018.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
-Be a member of the running crew for each on stage rehearsal and performance, monitoring RF feeds, ensuring proper application and use of lav and off stage microphones, managing clear com and program sound, and other reasonably assigned tasks
- Be responsible for managing, troubleshooting and resolving mic, AVIOM, and RF related issues during performances
-Create and issue accurate paperwork of the show related track
- Be responsible for the proper installation of audio and video related equipment and systems, inclusive of both production requirements and venue set up
- Supervise crew whose primary function or task is audio/ video related
- Coordinate and implement all band and orchestra setups
- Complete equipment maintenance regularly, and advise Management of replacements/ repairs
- Work to identify and troubleshoot technical issues in a timely fashion
- Endeavour to create and support a calm, safe and positive working environment
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Carpenter or Management
- Minimum 3 years experience active in theatrical audio work.
- A degree, diploma or certificate related to audio technologies from an accredited university, college or equivalent experience
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Experience in soldering, basic wiring and able to repair cables and connectors
- Excellent attention to detail
- Clear and efficient communication skills
- Be highly resourceful and possess efficient problem solving skills
- Ability to work in an open-air environment
- Valid pyro techniques license, drivers license, First-Air and CPR is an asset
This position will fall under and adhere to all clauses in the IATSE Local 63 agreement. Out of town applicants are welcome, but must be part of another Local, or willing to become a member of Local 63.
Application deadline of April 27th, 2018. Rainbow Stage is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from all peoples are welcome.
Salary: $24.35/ hour
Please submit a cover letter and résumé to Brooklyne Alexander, Production manager at . We thank everyone who applies, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Rainbow Stage is Manitoba’s premier musical theatre company, Canada’s leading not-for-profit musical theatre company, and Canada’s largest and longest-running outdoor theatre. We provide world-class professional musical theatre and are dedicated to entertaining and engaging the diverse and culturally rich Manitoba community we serve.