This is a Permanent, Part-time position.Category: Production
As the Head Carpenter you will be responsible for overseeing the installation of all scenic elements for the Royal Winnipeg Ballet Company shows.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• In conjunction with the Technical Director supervise staff attendance, work, motivation and well-being in order to build an effective team.
• Ensure all pertinent company policies and agreements are understood and implemented.
• With the Technical Director, organize and oversee the ongoing maintenance of all touring equipment and the storage facilities at 155 Alexander.
• Create and maintain complete and accurate show records including show notes, stage plots and show information. Oversee and compile all records from the Heads of Lighting, Audio, Projections, Props and Wardrobe.
• Attend and participate in such meetings that will promote sound communication, liaison and decision making with Artistic and Technical staff. These shall include: production meetings, creations meetings and event planning meetings.
• Schedule and oversee all RWB Carpentry calls including but not limited to: shop days, prep days, load & unloading calls, rehearsals and show calls.
• Produce and manage the distribution of all show and tour related information including but not limited to: venue specifications, hanging plots and scenery setup plans.
• Supervise all load ins, installs, strikes and get outs for all RWB Company productions.
• Liaise with Artistic, Stage Management, Production Management, and Department Heads to solve all technical problems with the maximum efficiency
• Extensive travel is required for this position
• Work irregular hours and weekend shifts as required
Education and Qualifications:
• College or university degree or diploma in Theatre Production or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of five years’ experience touring in a theatre or ballet environment.
• Natural Resources Canada Pyro-technician License is desirable.
• Person lift ticket
• Clean driving record
• Criminal background check
• Child Abuse Registry check
Skills and Specifications:
• The ability to organize and communicate information clearly, both verbally and in writing.
• Detail oriented; resourceful and flexible; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Strong writing, mathematical and analytical skills
• Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office and Vectorworks CAD software.
• The ability to read and create (AutoCAD or Vectorworks) technical drawings.
Please submit your resume in confidence by November 15, 2013 to:
Director of Production
Canada’s Royal Winnipeg Ballet
Canada's Royal Winnipeg Ballet is one of the country's oldest ballet companies. Encompassing the professional performing company and a large school of dance, the company aims to enrich the human experience by teaching, creating and performing outstanding dance.
The RWB performs regularly in Winnipeg and tours extensively both nationally and internationally.