This is a Permanent, Part-time position.Category: Technical
The Head Electrician, works with the rest of the department heads to execute a high level of production technical and customer service to both the venue and the venue’s clients ensuring the world-class status of the Centre. A strong Head Electrician is a well-organized, reliable, safety-conscious individual with great communication skills and well-rounded knowledge of all of the technical aspects of theatre. The successful applicant will possess experience in lighting for all aspects of the performing arts industry.
• Provide lighting direction for all shows in Hammerson Hall.
• Supervise all local and touring electrics crew performing work in Hammerson Hall.
• Oversee fire prevention by ssupervise all electrical work being performed in Hammerson Hall in compliance with current CEC code and ESA requirements for the Performing Arts and Live Event industry.
• Create and maintain all department paperwork, including, but not limited to plots, schedules, magic sheets, network diagrams.
• Maintain equipment inventory and order new stock, including, but not limited to gel, accessories, atmospheric effects, bulbs, parts.
• Post-secondary education in Theatre Production, or a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Head Electrician in a roadhouse environment.
• Extensive experience with GrandMA2 programming and various lighting control systems, as well as networking for theatre.
• Experience with AutoCAD.
• Ability to operate and maintain all lighting equipment, including but not limited to lighting consoles, conventional and moving lights, followspots.
• Ability to work quickly in high pressure situations.
• Working at Heights and zoom boom/lift tickets.
Salary: Hours and pay will be discussed within the interview
Please submit a detailed cover letter and resume to
The Living Arts Centre is a not-for-profit, charitable organization that operates the premiere arts and culture facility located in the heart of Mississauga, Canada’s sixth largest city. One of the largest theatres in the GTA, Hammerson Hall accommodates 1300 guests.