This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Management
- Work with Board of Directors to maintain and provide strategic direction for the organization.
- Source, negotiate and sign contracts for performers (with feedback from Entertainment Committee). Advance hospitality needs with Road and Tour Managers and liaise with Musicfest's Production Manager for technical support of artists. Write bios for program and coordinate media requests for interviews.
- Source and write grants both project based and operational (also includes grants for all seasonal employees).
- Maintain fiscal responsibility for the organization and work with bookkeeper and treasurer to prepare monthly financial statements and projections for board of directors. Prepare and work with annual budget.
- Public relations for the organization including speaking engagements for various service clubs and organizations as well as act as main point of contact for media interviews.
- Maintain positive working relationship with community stakeholders.
- Direct and work with Business Development Coordinator and Volunteer Coordinator to ensure performance objectives are met.
- At the event, act as point of contact for all public relations, artist relations and guest relations and direct staff of 5 (additional staff of 8 work directly under Production Manager).
- Help to create and implement new marketing and fundraising strategies.
- Maintain positive relationship with all levels of government.
- Manage all other business operations as they arise.
- Post secondary education in a related field with relevant work experience a must.
- Ability to show diplomacy and professionalism under pressure.
- Proven ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and appropriately.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to work in a Mac based environment an asset.
- Current drivers license and vehicle.
- Working Saturdays and Wednesdays from the end of June to the end of August is mandatory.
This is a 1 year maternity leave contract.
The Peterborough Little Lake Musicfest is an equal opportunity employer. All applications will be kept in confidence. Please note that while we thank all interested individuals, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary: Commensurate upon Experience
Please send a cover letter and resume:
By Fax: 705 755-0188
By Mail: Attn Hiring Committee
Peterborough Little Lake Musicfest
277 George Street N., Suite 211
Peterborough, ON K9J 3G9
The Peterborough Little Lake Musicfest is a non-profit, charitable organization that presents 20 free-admission concerts every Wednesday and Saturday evening from the end of June to the end of August in beautiful downtown Peterborough, ON. Past artists to grace the Musicfest stage include Gordon Lightfoot, George Canyon, Great Big Sea, Blue Rodeo and Tom Cochrane. With an economic impact of approximately $5 million annually, the Musicfest is one of the largest events in the Peterborough and Kawarthas region, drawing guests from all over the world to enjoy live entertainment.
The Musicfest seeks an individual to step in as the General Manager for a one year contract to fill a maternity leave, beginning December 2012.