This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
• plan season and production schedules, collaborating with other departments
• develop and monitor, in consultation with the Artistic Director, Executive Director, and Director of Administration, budgets for all productions and presentations, and production overhead
• contract and supervise production and creative staff, and stage management
• supervise theatre bookings, rentals, and production builds for external clients
• ensure all production personnel are well trained, all activities in the production department are handled in a safe and responsible manner, and that the Mainstage and Studio Theatres and production shops are well maintained
• ensure that the production department is compliant with the provincial Employment Standards Act, and other relevant Ontario Ministry of Labour and Ontario Human Rights legislation
• Work collaboratively with the senior management team to support programs, events and the educational mandate at YPT.
• Extensive background in all aspects of theatrical production
• A minimum of 5 years production management experience
• Extensive knowledge of and experience in theatre collective agreements and Health & Safety policies
Experience in the planning and execution of performing arts capital projects would be an asset.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to: by 10 am, Friday, February 21, 2014. Please note: there is some flexibility in relation to the starting time of this position. While we thank those who have applied, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Young People’s Theatre (YPT), now in its 48th season, is Canada’s largest theatre for young audiences and currently produces and presents an 8-play season with an audience of 80,000+. Housed at a renovated, historical venue in Toronto, YPT works on a 468-seat Mainstage and a 115-seat Studio stage. Its operating budget is approximately $3.5 million. The family-friendly employee culture at YPT (given that hours are primarily daytime) encourages ingenuity, team-work, and an atmosphere of learning. YPT’s artistic policy focuses on arts and education – in fact, learning is at the centre of everything we do.