This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
Reporting to the Artistic and Equestrian Operations Coordinator, the Back Stage Manager is responsible for all backstage operations to ensure the smooth running and integrity of the performance, the installation and transportation of scenic equipment. The person must be available to work on a variable schedule.
• Responsible for continuity during performances, especially as regards to backstage operations and artists' entrances;
• Supervise rehearsals and artists' schedules;
• Act as liaison between those involved in the performance, including the Stage Manager, Costume Manager and Equestrian Trainers;
• Ensure integrity and the long life of props and scenic equipment required for the show;
• Ensure the artistic tent and backstage are clean and function smoothly;
• Liaise with other departments to respond to the needs of artists and musicians;
• Assist the Artistic Coordinator with administrative management of the department;
• Maintain a safe working environment;
• Participate in set-up/tear down of all backstage infrastructures and preparation of props and scenic material for transport;
• Supervise loading of artistic equipment during set-up/tear down;
• Be on call for special events, rehearsals and training, and for emergencies;
• Perform any other task related to artists' needs and to ensure operations run smoothly.
• Experience as backstage manager on a major artistic production is an asset;
• Tour experience is an asset;
• Basic knowledge of costume, make up and prop management;
• Fluently bilingual; knowledge of a third language is an asset;
• Autonomous, highly organized and able to work under pressure;
• Good team player, dynamic;
• Available to work full time on tour and authorized to work in foreign countries.
Salary: To be discussed.
Candidates should apply to:
Ref.: Back Stage Manager
Fax : (514) 879-9003
Cavalia Inc. is an entertainment company that specializes in the creation, production and touring of innovative shows. Founded by Normand Latourelle and Dominique Day, the company reimagines the equestrian and theatrical arts. With its headquarters in Montreal, Cavalia Inc. is an integral part of Canada’s cultural heritage, and the largest Canadian-owned cultural enterprise. Its expertise in high technology, multimedia and special effects creates magical, unique, never-before-seen experiences. Its first show, Cavalia, has been seen by more than 4 million people across North America, Europe, Australia, the Middle East and Asia since its 2003 debut. Odysseo, the company’s second show, has toured to rave reviews and public acclaim since its 2011 premiere.