This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Production
Operates all of the arena’s Audio / video equipment included but not limited to audio consoles, LED Video screens, ClearCom, Scoring systems & Video playback.
• Minimum of 5 year experience in the Audio / Visual Industry as a technician.
• Experienced in production sound, video & lighting.
• Demonstrates knowledge of basic IT principles and practices.
• Experienced in digital audio consoles & digital snakes.
• Knowledge in wireless RF is an asset but not required.
• Must be able to work a fluctuating work schedule that will vary depending on events schedule (including days, evenings, weekends, holidays, etc.)
• Experience in Clear-Com operation.
• Must have the ability to climb stairs and lift 50 lbs, unaided
• Being able to trouble shoot all production situations.
• Work unsupervised and get all tasks done prior to show time.
• Knowledge of customer service practices
• Works closely with the marketing and sales department to develop and produce video advertising and promotional files for use on Video Scoreboard & all LED panels
• Performs preventative maintenance on all equipment in the Production Room and all other related equipment
• Operate AV equipment for all types of live events
• Ability to learn and operate computer based software in a short period of time.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
•While performing the essential functions of this position, employee will frequently stand and walk for long periods of time and climb stairs and/or ladders.
•Employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
•The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Director of Operations
About Abbotsford Centre
The Abbotsford Centre is committed to serving as a leading Canadian sports & entertainment venue by consistently providing its guests with outstanding event value, unique experiences and lasting memories. Its vision is the City of Abbotsford as a dynamic hub for western Canadian lifestyle, heritage and culture inspired by sports activity, entertainment diversity and community connectivity. Managed by Spectra Venue Management, the venue can accommodate 8,500 for concerts and 7,006 for special events such as rodeos, circuses, ice skating and family shows, along with hockey, basketball, lacrosse, volleyball, wrestling and gymnastics.
Spectra by Comcast Spectacor is the expert in hosting and entertainment, partnering with over 300 clients at 400 global properties to create memorable experiences for millions of visitors every year. Spectra’s expertise is embodied within three main divisions: Venue Management (formerly Global Spectrum), Food Services & Hospitality (formerly Ovations Food Services), and Ticketing & Fan Engagement (formerly Paciolan). Learn more at SpectraExperiences.com.