This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
JOB DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• SAFETY PROGRAM compliance and reporting,
• TEAMWORK efficient and positive interaction with
management, and event/client-services personnel,
• PERFORMANCE AND EVENT OPERATIONS lighting and
staging, event readiness, assist audio as needed,
• ARTISTIC OPERATIONS TECHNOLOGY knowledge and
competency in current technologies/practices,
• RENTER LIAISON incl. internal documentation,
facility prep, client orientation, artistic support
• TECHNICAL RIDER COMPLIANCE (assisting as needed)
esp. for larger touring productions,
• THEATRE STAGE/BACKSTAGE MAINTENANCE as needed/as
directed by Technical Director,
• OTHER DUTIES or projects as directed by the TD or
periodically by Senior Management.
• “Crew Chief” duties overseeing Casual Stagehands
and Volunteers as needed/directed.
• Post Secondary Degree in Technical Theatre from an
accredited Canadian College or University,
• MINIMUM 2 YEARS TECHNICAL-THEATRE INDUSTRY
EXPERIENCE, including supervisory experience,
• INDUSTRY REFERENCES required,
• Certifications: BCSA “LE” Electrical & Level 1
First Aid (or accepted equivalents)**,
• Must have reliable transportation and be able to
work flexible shifts including nights,
• Customer Relations Training an asset, Experience
working with volunteers and youth an asset,
• **Qualifications may be deferred (&Training
provided) for a suitable candidate (Senior
Students may apply).
Positions are non-union.
Wage rates are competitive within BC/Regional labour market for the type of position.
Position is potentially expandable to Assistant Technical Director (ATD) for an especially suitable candidate.
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience, please include wage expectations with application.
The Sid Williams Theatre Society (SWTS) is committed to lead in the provision of professional theatre services by offering a full range of theatre experiences suitable for diverse audiences and user groups. Our Code of Ethics is based on core values of: inclusion, accountability, professionalism, diversity and community building.
The SWTS is a BC Non-Profit Society and Registered Canadian Charity formed in 2000. The SWTS took over operation of the historic Sid Williams Theatre (SWT) from the Courtenay Recreation Association (which operated the theatre since 1971). The SWT is a converted cinema house (orig. the Bickle Theatre) built in 1935.The SWT is now a busy community theatre providing expert rental services as well as artistic, outreach and educational programming.
Located at the heart of downtown Courtenay, BC, “the Sid’ is the only full-service/professionally-staffed performance venue serving the Comox Valley and region. The Comox Valley is a growing Vancouver Island community with a diverse economy, excellent outdoor recreational opportunities, and a vibrant cultural scene.