This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
The Assistant Stage Operations Manager will assist the Stage
Operations Manager. His responsibilities include leading stage
technicians, while ensuring the highest standards of Health and Safety
regulations together with maintaining the quality of the performance
at all times. From inception to completion of the stage aspects for our
visiting companies, performers/productions and events.
• Take responsibility for the attendance, safe working, supervision, motivation, discipline and welfare of the stage team. Enforce effective
team working while also providing support to the team.
• Ensure that yourself, the Stage Department Operations and the Stage Technicians are cross-trained in Lighting and Sound & Broadcast
related areas to ensure risk free and efficient operations
• Manage day-to-day scheduling and planning of all activities required for the efficient running of your team in the technical areas.
• To be able to work within the allocated budget and alert your line manager of any implications from any activities that may compromise
that budget, arising from issues on any visiting company, production or event.
• Competent operation and programming of all Stage Control Systems.
• Fully conversant in the operation and first line maintenance of all stage machinery, hardware and rigging equipment.
• Manage all Health and Safety trainings together with all other relevant trainings according to the highest standards.
• Trained at and having knowledge of (but not limited to) (1) IOSH – Managing safety/LOLER/COSHH, (2) Manual Handling, (3) Working
at height, (4) Safe use of access equipment/mobile elevated work platforms (MEWPS).
• Manage, uphold and support all local Health and Safety legislation, together with other relevant legislations; ensure that all Health and
Safety incidents/accidents are reported and that all records are fully maintained; conduct full investigation and ensure compliance.
Recognized professional or technical qualification related to Stage Operations Management.
• 5+ year’s proven and relevant experience as stage technician within a large theatrical/live events venue.
• Good understanding of all stage related technical areas, particularly with a Stage bias: Lifting control consoles, staging systems and
equipment, with understanding of Stage principles, carpentry, engineering principles, flying operations, rigging, and special effects.
• Good IT skills (MS Office and preferably AutoCAD).
• Additional knowledge of pyrotechnics and stage lighting effects are a plus.
Ability to provide service to deadlines with due regard for best practice standards and efficiency
• Team player with the ability to work flexible working hours according to business needs
Salary: Competitive and Relocation provided
Barry Crossan - HR Generalist
Dubai Opera is part of The Opera District within Downtown Dubai. The 2,000-seat performing arts centre, designed by Janus Rostock of Atkins, can be converted into a traditional theatre, concert hall, banquet hall or exhibition space. Using hydraulic technology to relocate 900 of the 2,000 seats, the space can be used for other events while the extra seating is stored in garages beneath the theatre.
Dubai Opera is designed to resemble a dhow, a traditional sailing vessel, in which the 'bow' of the structure will house the opera's main stage, orchestra and seating, while the elongated 'hull' will have waiting areas, taxi drop-off areas, and parking.
The Emaar development is now underway and set to be completed in August 2016