This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Technical
The Canadian Badlands Passion Play is currently accepting applications for the Armoury Supervisor/Props Assistant for the summer of 2014. The contract would run from May 5th to Aug 1st, 2014.
Part of the Set/Props Build team which consists of: Head Set/Props Build Team, Carps Assistant, Props Assistant, Armoury Supervisor/Props Assistant and Production Volunteers.
Armoury Supervisor - Duties include but not limited to:
• Responsible for overseeing the use and maintenance of the armoury.
• Maintenance and design improvements to all types of armour & helmets.
• Proper care, maintenance and polishing of all armour and prop weapons.
• Instructing actors in the proper wear and care of their armour and weapons.
• Liaise with Wardrobe for armour inclusions for Costume fittings.
• Expected to prepare and polish all armour and weapons for show readiness.
• Backstage care, maintenance, preparation and distribution of armour and weapons during show runs.
Props Assistant – Duties include but not limited to:
• Construction, modification, preparation and repairs to production props.
• Assist with backstage care and maintenance of props during show runs.
Additional Skills: Scenic Painting, Rigging, Welding, Metal Work, etc. will be considered an asset.
The Armoury Supervisor/Props Assistant is part of the Set/Props Build Team. Directed by the Head of Set/Props Build Team for day to day functions and labour, while managing the Armoury to ensure it is maintained. The role may involve significant manual labour and can be physically demanding.
Any interested applicants are encouraged to email a resume and cover letter Attention to Mr. Justin Born, Production Manager no later than March 10th, 2014.
The Canadian Badlands Passion Play is one of Canada's largest outdoor theatrical events. Now in its 21st season. The company annually depicts the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ in dramatic form. It is an epic story told on an epic scale, this year's production features a creative retelling of the Gospel of John. The script will be performed by a mixed professional/volunteer cast of approximately 200 actors in a 2700-seat outdoor amphitheatre.