L’Agora | Cultural Diversity 2021 - Discussion Panels
November 26, 2021, 9:00 AM - 2:30 PM
The Agora | Cultural Diversity 2021, organized by the Theatre and Cultural Diversity Committee of the CQT, wishes to once again open a space for free expression around the career paths and professional challenges of so-called diversity artists.
To this end, we wanted to emphasize the need to invest more in research to give back to the community and nurture it with new perspectives. This is why, before the discussion period, we have planned short presentations for each panel, in order to share the results of the investigations carried out.
The CQT therefore wishes to give a new angle to the discussions, to encourage intercultural dialogue between the links in the entertainment value chain. Whether you are individual artists in the theater sector, representatives of creation and production companies, theater or multidisciplinary presenters, cultural mediators, employed cultural workers in professional groups in the theatrical sector or which also cover the theatrical sector, or in independent cultural workers: YOU ARE ALL WELCOME!
- 9:00 am - 10:00 am: Panel 1- Impacts of COVID on so-called diversity artists
- 10:15 am - 11:15 am: Panel 2 - Report on the conditions of inclusion in the theatre since 2015
- 11:30 am - 12:30 pm: Panel 3 - Engagement of minority groups / audiences
- 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m .: Lunch break
- 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m .: Panel 4 - Cultural appropriation in the theatre: debate sheltered from media fire
Introduction: 5 minutes
Presentation of research results: 10 minutes
Debate in discussion rooms: 30 minutes
- 5 rooms of 10 people.
- There will be a timer set at 2 minutes to manage the speaking time between the interlocutors.
- Among the participants, the group will choose a spokesperson who will be responsible for synthesizing the group's thoughts.
Return to plenary: 15 minutes (summary of the points that were discussed in each room + conclusion)
In FRENCH. Available upon request: translation En. - Fr. / Fr. - En., LSQ interpretation, ASL interpretation.
Registration for the different panels :