Maintaining Respectful Workplaces in the Arts
10:30 AM, November 17, 2020
An interactive half-day workshop that addresses the topic of Respectful Workplaces in the Arts
About this Event
Workplaces are responsible for the well-being of everyone that works with and represents them.
This session will cover practices and legislation regarding workplaces harassment and will explore ways arts organizations and companies can be better prepared to protect workers from all forms of harassment.
This half-day workshop is designed as an interactive session and will address the topic of Respectful Workplaces in the Arts through information, small group discussion, case studies and activities.
Note: Staff who manage teams and/or volunteers, and are interested in fostering a healthy workplace culture are encouraged to attend.
In this session, we will examine:
• What IS and IS NOT a respectful workplace
• Harassment in all its forms, including sexual harassment and bullying
• Purpose of harassment definitions
• Legislative and Human Rights requirements
• Review case studies to identify actions of creating or sustaining a respectful workplace
• What our role can be in supporting a respectful workplace
• Further resources
10:30am - 12:00pm: Part 1 - An overview of principles, practices, and legislation
12:45pm - 2:15pm: Part 2 - Small group discussions, case studies, and exercises
Please note, this session will not be recorded. Live Closed Captioning will be available.
Facilitated by: Amanda Hancox