This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
The TD/Technician is primarily responsible for the ongoing delivery of production services and technical programming, and supporting the creative team in realizing the vision of each design and production. In addition, the TD/Technician will be responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of the stage, back of house and theatrical equipment.
The TD/Technician will work with and report directly to the Production Manager in order to see each production through to completion in an efficient and timely manner.
• Provide production services as required, including but not limited to: electrical, carpentry, props and painting.
• Assist with the procurement of materials.
• Participate in construction and installation of all sets, props, lights and sound
• Participate in tech week to ensure any problems that may arise are resolved prior to opening.
• Run each show in conjunction with the Stage Manager. Daily duties include:
• Running light, sound and video cues
• Pre-show equipment checks
• Post-show cleanup of house and green room
• Maintenance of stage
• Participate in the striking of shows
• Assisting with returns in a timely manner
• Attending staff and production meetings as available
• Responsible for rental groups under the direction of the Production Manager
• Assist with general maintenance of equipment, theatre, rehearsal hall and office spaces.
• Maintain a safe work environment in all areas of the theatre for staff, artists, volunteers and patrons.
• Maintain all tools and equipment in good working order, repair as needed.
• Participate in facility renovations and equipping of theatre.
• Maintain inventories of tools, props, costumes and building materials.
• Assist with special events.
• Technical theatre background and education an asset.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to self-motivate and work unsupervised.
• Broad range of skills related to the building and execution of theatre productions.
• Experience with QLab and ETC Express consoles an asset.
Lunchbox Theatre offers a positive, high-energy work environment, and has always been an equal-opportunity employer. Salary will be based on prior experience and performance.
If you would like to join our team, please forward your resume, cover letter, and two references by email only. Lunchbox Theatre thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Tentative start date: Monday, August 17, 2015
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Calgary's Lunchbox Theatre, the longest running lunchtime theatre in the world, strives to continually expand and develop talent from the local arts community. Located at the base of the Calgary Tower in the heart of downtown, Lunchbox Theatre injects an hour of premium entertainment and delight for our audience into every lunchtime and evening performance.
To bring these productions to life, Lunchbox Theatre employs 6-8 permanent staff members, as well as the hundreds of artists and crew members involved in each season.