This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Globe Theatre is looking for a full time seasonal Technical Assistant, with a start date of August 24st, 2015, to coordinate, implement, and support all technical elements for productions produced in house and on tour that are presented by the Theatre.
Reporting to the Technical Director and Director of Production, this position works closely with the outside venues and production staff while directly supervising any casual labor assigned to installation and touring crew. In fulfilling this position’s core responsibilities, Globe Theatre expects the Technical Assistant to:
• Run all rigging, special needs installations and strikes as needed
• Be responsible for the maintenance of the paint shop
• Be a LX board operator for all touring shows and special events
• Be able to source and purchase special materials and equipment for both the Main Stage and touring productions
• Be able to effectively communicate and correspond with Designers, other venues and Stage Managers
• Have strong time management skills and be able to work towards a deadline
• Have the ability and flexibility to work a variety of shifts including nights, weekends and Stat Holidays
• Attend all staff and production meetings and be a member of the Health & Safety Committee if required
• Adhere to all aspects of the Collective Agreement between Globe Theatre and I.A.T.S.E. Local 295.
The individual in this position must enjoy working collaboratively in addition to having superior interpersonal, project coordination, and problem solving skills. The Successful candidate must be experienced with some drafting software, basic electrical knowledge, understanding of most lighting consoles, have understanding of rigging systems, some basic skills in carpentry and/or props and possess a driver’s license.
Steven Balkwill, Director of Production
Globe Theatre is Saskatchewan’s largest performing arts organization with an annual operating budget of $4.5 million. Located in the historic Prince Edward Building in downtown Regina, Globe Theatre is Canada’s only permanent theatre-in-the-round. The theatre presents a six to seven main stage series as well as a five to seven play second stage series that showcases new work and emerging artists. Each year the theatre mounts a three to six week provincial tour of a main stage production.
Globe Theatre School offers multi-disciplinary theatre classes for children, teens and adults, a professional actor training program and apprenticeships. Globe encourages a team-oriented environment where the efforts of all employees are focused on supporting the art.