This is a Permanent, Part-time position.Category: Technical
The City of Airdrie is seeking two (2) part time (on-call) Theatre Technicians. We are looking for one technician proficient in lighting and one technician proficient in audio.
Working in partnership with the Theatre Team Leader and the Theatre Technical Programmer, the part time (on call) Technician will be responsible for the technical running (lights and sound) of a variety of Bert Church Theatre performances and may occasionally provide technical support for special events and other City sponsored events and activities.
• Will be responsible for setting up and operating microphones, monitors and audio consoles while working with rental clients to deliver technical outcomes as per client needs
• Will be responsible for setting up and operating lighting equipment working with the rental client to deliver the technical outcomes as per the client needs
• Will be point of contact for clients and artists during the show date
• May be involved in the technical coordination and general maintenance of the BCT facility
• Technicians are required to ensure that the theatre space is safe, clean and ready for artists and performers
• A minimum of two years of technical experience in the operation of theatrical lighting, sound and staging equipment (related technical education and training is an asset)
• Experience working with digital and analog audio consoles and/or with ETC Ion Lighting Console
• Demonstrated ability to work with performing artists, renters, volunteers, school employees and members of the public
• Standard First Aid - Level C CPR and AED (or willingness to become certified) would be considered an asset
• Positive and optimistic attitude and work well within the team
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a team environment
• Aptitude for quick thinking, and ability to anticipate and problem solve technical sound and light requirements
• Highly-developed interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service
• Ability to identify and provide technical equipment in response to customer required needs
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
• Self-directed and self-motivated
The following benefits:
• EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
• annual adult Genesis Place pass
We believe connection and culture are the keys to our customer service. We do this through continuous learning, regular team building, and organizational social events so all employees have the knowledge to provide excellence in service to our community.
This is a part time role and work is dependent upon rental activity at the theatre. Shifts will include up to 5 hours on week nights and 8 plus hours on weekends. Must be prepared to work a highly-flexible weekly schedule including evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays. Shifts will generally be scheduled into the late evening. Some overtime may be required on occasion. Shift schedules will generally be arranged a month in advance whenever possible.
- Often dealing with crowds of people, noise and busy environment
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Climbing ladders and working from heights (i.e. catwalk and man lift)
- Must be able to perform duties in low light conditions
Please note: The interviewing and hiring process may commence prior to the posted closing date.
Candidates are invited to apply online.
Postings close at 9 p.m. on the closing date listed in the posting. We recommend applying as soon as possible as we are not able to accept late applications.
Please review the job competition carefully and be sure to attach any specifically requested documentation in the My Documents section of your application.
Thank you for your interest in the City of Airdrie.
Salary: Min Salary: $19.18/Hour Max Salary: $23.98/Hour
The City of Airdrie fosters a culture of accountability and values open dialogue, innovation and entrepreneurial spirit, collaborative relationships, learning, ownership, and encouraging the heart. We are searching for another team member who will help us get to the next level.
We’re a place where you can grow. We’re a place where you’re encouraged to learn and be innovative. We’re a place where people take ownership and do what they say they’ll do. We’re a place where colleagues are friends and neighbours are customers. We’re a place where health, wellness and safety are top of mind. We’re a place where you just might be a perfect fit.
As part of Community Services, the Bert Church Theatre enhances the quality of life of residents by facilitating community partnerships to provide opportunities that contribute to an economically strong, socially connected, culturally vibrant, and sustainable community.