This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Design
Kay Meek Centre Summer Youth Conservatory 2016:
Designer scope: With directors, develop visual design concept for both musical productions. Build and create the costumes, props and set pieces for both productions.
Dates: July 4-August 6
Peter Pan Jr.: Max 40 kids
Beauty and the Beast Jr: max 30 teens
- Graduate of a post-secondary Theatre Design program or equivalent experience.
- Skilled in costume creation, prop and set construction.
- Strong time management and self-regulation skills to keep the design build on time and budget.
- Musical and/or Youth Theatre program experience an asset.
- Provide a resume with references and portfolio samples.
- A background check will be required.
Budgets and work space: Designer will be provided with set, costumes, and props budgets. A build labour budget is also provided. Will work with the Production Manager to keep the show on budget. The KMC wardrobe room and stock of costumes, props and set pieces will be made available. Storage space is also provided. Remuneration will be negotiated based on prior work experience.
Salary: $2000-$3000 contracted based on experience
Interested designers can email for more information.
Kay Meek Centre is West Vancouver’s premier performing arts centre housing two theatres. Available to all organizations on a rental basis, as well as an active presenter of theatre, dance, music and film presentations, the Centre offers an extensive range of activities that attracts audiences from across the Lower Mainland.