This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Technical
- Construction of scenic elements under the direction of the shop supervisor
- Setting up scenic elements in venues and at events
- Leading and directing local crew support at event setups
- Loading and driving trucks (24’ straight @ 5-ton)
- Interacting in a friendly and responsible manner with clients and other staff.
- Four years of professional carpentry experience in the theatre or corporate event industry
- Extensive knowledge of woodworking tools and scenery construction methods
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings
- Must have a valid driver’s license and own vehicle
- Welding experience a benefit
Regular shop hours range from 8am-4:30pm. Our shows setup at all hours of the day and night, and a flexible schedule is required and appreciated.
This is a full time temporary position. The ideal candidate would start on August 17th and work until December 18th, 2015.
Salary: Remuneration based on skills and experience per hour based on a 40hr work week.
Please send your 1 page resume and a cover letter via email to
Production Canada is a live event scenery fabrication shop and production company. We design and build for a variety of organizations across the country for theatre companies and corporate clients. We offer complete design and fabrication services in steel, aluminum, wood, painting, laminate etc.
Our company is built around a policy of hard work, fun and respect shared with both staff and clients. Our facility is in Vaughan, ON, about 30-45 mins from downtown Toronto.