This is a Seasonal, Part-time position.Category: Technical
House technicians are responsible for ensuring that the lighting, sound and other technical aspects of the theatre run safely, smoothly and on time.
You will be working with the rest of the technical staff, as well as the day-to-day clients to plan, load in, setup, perform and then load out performances as required.
Along with the technical director and technical staff you will make sure that the theatre equipment is kept in good working order and all those using or exposed to it are safe.
This job will require you to meet and work with a lot of different people almost daily. Visiting actors, performers and other technical touring workers who all have their own ambitions for their particular production, which you will help them fulfill along with the rest of the technical staff.
Due to the number of different productions that come through the theatre this job will require you to have very good attention to detail and the ability to improvise and solve unique technical problems as they arise. You must also be somewhat flexible in regards to working hours as scheduled by the Technical Director, but hours will fluctuate and very rarely be consistently the same.
- The ability to work in a team environment
- Must be physically fit enough to lift upwards of 50 pounds as this can also be a physically demanding job at times
- The ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Be able to manage and the expectations and demands of other clients, staff and effectively communicate ideas and needs to them
- Knowledge of a variety of technical theatre equipment
- Flexibility and the ability to improvise when faced with unexpected situations
- Flexibility in working hours, as they will differ from time to time
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Practices as per the Employment Standards Act as it pertains to Live Performance Venues
- Experience in theatre and live performing arts
Please email your resume and expression of interest to:
Rael Corkery, Technical Director
or drop off resume to the Showplace Box Office at
290 George St. N.
THOSE INDIVIDUALS SELECTED WILL BE CONTACTED FOR FURTHER DISCUSSION AND INTERVIEWS. ALL OTHER RESUMES WILL BE KEPT ON FILE FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
SHOWPLACE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
As Peterborough’s regional centre for the performing arts since October of 1996, the company’s mission has been to present, promote and sustain the performing arts; encourage and support active community involvement; maintain its facility; provide opportunities for local and touring artists to perform in a professional, quality venue; entertain, inspire, nurture, educate and empower artists and audience alike.