This is a Permanent, Part-time position.Category: Production
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is seeking a Head of Properties to join our team. Ideal candidates will have experience working with show properties, preferably within a dance company, and are seeking an opportunity to showcase their leadership skills. Keys for success in this role includes someone who takes initiative, is self-motivated and boasts a team player attitude.
As the Head of Properties, you will oversee and coordinate matters related to the stage properties of all RWB Company and School productions and events. Working in this position as a member of the Production department, you will be expected to assist in general shop and event duties as required. You will work a minimum of 20 hours per week, and will experience periodic layoffs during the season.
HIGHLIGHTED DUTIES OF THE ROLE
• Oversee and manage union and non-union crews in the theatre, shop and studio for all work calls
• Inform Head Carpenter/Technical Director of material and time requirements to ensure properties are maintained in show condition
• Perform required maintenance of properties
• Coordinate with designers, and School and Company Artistic to source, buy and create properties as required
• Create and maintain complete and accurate property records
• Lead properties crews in the installation, operation, and maintenance of Marley type dance floors and properties for each production or event
• Participate and liaison with School, Artistic and Technical staff to determine current and future properties’ needs
• Review technical specifications for each venue and make note of specific requirements or need for changes to show routine
• Maintain RWB portable dance barres
WHAT YOU BRING
• College or University degree or diploma in Theatre Production, or equivalent experience
• Previous properties experience required
• Experience with wood working tools and a theatrical shop environment
• Proficient with computers including experience with Microsoft Office
• Ability to organize and communicate information clearly, both verbally and in writing
• Detail-oriented, resourceful, flexible with the capability to handle multiple tasks
• Demonstrated strong writing, mathematical and analytical skills
• Ability to lead diverse teams and read technical drawings
Salary: $24 - $25 hourly
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in and qualified for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to Kara Neilson at by end of business day Thursday September 6, 2018. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Visit www.rwb.org for more information about the Royal Winnipeg Ballet and to view a full description.