This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
- Shop Supervision
- Managing shop and site crews
- Costing and Analysis of drawings and projects
- Drafting of construction drawings for other shop carpenters
- Leading and directing local crew support at event setups
- Loading and driving trucks (standard 24’ @ 5-ton)
- Interacting in a friendly and responsible manner with clients and other staff.
- Five years of professional experience in the theatre or corporate event industry in a management position
- Extensive knowledge of woodworking tools and scenery construction methods
- Ability to read construction drawings and generate accurate estimates
- Personable disposition a must.
- Ability to manage both carpentry staff and clients a must
- Must have a valid driver’s license and own vehicle
- Knowledge of CAD and drafting in both 2D and 3D
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Regular shop hours range from 8am-6pm, but we operate a flexible production schedule to accommodate as much as possible the needs of staff. Our shows setup at all hours of the day and night, and a flexible schedule is required and appreciated.
Please send your 1 page resume and a cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: Remuneration based on skills and experience
Production Canada is a theatrical and live event scenery fabrication shop and production company. We design and build for a variety of organizations across the country for theatre companies and corporate clients. We offer complete design and fabrication services in steel, aluminum, wood, painting, laminate etc.
Our company is built around a policy of hard work, fun and respect shared with both staff and clients. Our facility is in Vaughan, ON, about 30-45 mins from downtown Toronto.