This is a Seasonal, Full-time position.Category: Production
Reporting to the Technical Director, the ALD assists the Lighting Designer and Head Electrician in the creation of the lighting and special effects used to illuminate live stage performances. Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Assist the Lighting Designer and Head Electrician during the creation of the lighting design.
2. Prepare floor plans, cue sheets, tracking sheets, plots and other forms for the documentation of the lighting design. Spot tracking for the musical.
3. Draft and up-date the lighting plot.
4. Aid in the supervision of the actual hanging and rigging of the lighting equipment.
5. Prepare and up-date the dimmer layouts, patch sheets, circuit lists.
6. Prepare an accurate sketch of all lamps as focused.
7. Maintain tracking information, cue sheets, and patch sheets during lighting sessions.
Successful candidates will be self-motivated, independent workers who are able to multi task. ALD’s may be asked to work several productions concurrently during the Stratford repertory season. Knowledge of Word, Excel and AutoCAD/Vectorworks and Lightwright are required. Contracts will range in length from 3-6 months.
Recognizing that diversity – in our workplace, in our audiences and on our stages – fosters a rich and creative environment; we welcome applicants with disabilities and are committed to accommodating them throughout the hiring process. We encourage all qualified applicants to submit a resumé and cover letter by September 28, 2018, to:
Would you like to play a meaningful role with North America’s leading classical repertory theatre? At the Stratford Festival, we attract the world’s finest talent, offering a unique experience for staff, artists, and actors alike.