What's New > ESTA Standards Watch | September 28, 2022
September 29, 2022
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- An ESTA standard in public review.
- Applications now accepted for the Equitable Workforce Initiative.
- Comments sought on ISO standard for sustainable development goals.
- Bystander intervention webinars announced.
- UL needs people for STP balance.
- WTO Technical Barriers to Trade: heavy duty engines in the USA; RF spectrum management in Switzerland; certificate security in the EU; hazardous substances in the EU; accessibility of self-service kiosks for people with disabilities in the USA; and transporting Class 7 radioactive materials in the USA.
- ANSI public reviews: BIM; lightning protection; good workmanship in electrical construction; commissioning building electrical systems; adjustable speed drives; physical network security; fall protection; UL standard for LED sources; NFPA standard for studio soundstages; flame propagation tests; protecting historic structures; emergency action plans; uniform swimming pool code; active shooter/hostile event response; dipping and coating with flammable liquids; NFPA electrical standard for industrial machinery; and NFPA standard for smoke control systems.
- New ANS projects: installing AFCIs and GFCIs; temporary power at construction sites; electric motors and motor controllers; installing dry transformers; subwoofers; home loudspeaker systems; selecting amplifiers; fire protection for spaceports; and school security.
- Final actions on American National Standards: six addenda to ASHRAE/IES 90.1; safety code for elevators and escalators; fire tests for building materials; lighting science nomenclature; managing intellectual property; the NEC; ASCII; homeland security mapping; ten SQL standards; motion picture encoding; cloud computing; and eleven OSI standards.
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: smart communities; DALI; building intercoms; managing infectious diseases; RCCBs and RCBOs; wireless LAN access; building automation; two-way home network cabling; managing AI; and FORTRAN.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: truck platooning systems; field device tool; safety of machinery; and oolong tea.
- TSP meeting schedule, now with no meetings!
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available at http://estalink.us/nn7a1.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →