November 13, 2023
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- NATEAC 2024 requests session proposals.
- Ten ESTA standards in public review.
- WTO Technical Barriers to Trade: electric motors; civil unmanned aircraft; hydrocarbon phasedown; general service lamps; portable fuel containers; table saw blade contact injuries; intelligent transportation systems; and EU eCall.
- ANSI public reviews: pin and sleeve plugs, receptacles, and cable connectors; outdoor measurement of SPL levels; welding inspector qualification; sound level meters; acoustic standards for certain teaching environments; statistical procedures for test methods; electronic data transfer of light output maintenance characteristics for solid state light sources; concepts and language of lighting; lighting maintenance; steel shelving; crash-testing methods for guardrail barriers and barrier posts; electrical commissioning specifications; bend testing for fiber optic cables; rotating electrical machines; signaling devices for hearing impaired; and portable electric luminaires.
- BSI public reviews: temporary electrical systems for entertainment and related purposes.
- New ANS projects: involute spur and helical gear teeth; acoustic impedance of ground surfaces; hearing protection devices; audible public warning devices; noise emission values of machinery, equipment, and products; vision, perception + acuity; lighting for people and buildings; distribution photometry of entertainment lighting luminaires using solid state sources; ray file format for describing emission properties of light sources; outdoor lighting design for people and environment; and IES standard file format for transfer of spectral data.
- Calls for members from ANS consensus bodies.
- Final actions on American National Standards: platform lifts and stairway chair lifts; ropes; IT metadata registries; USB attached SCSI 3; motor-operated hammers; and scaffold hoists.
- Notices of administrative withdrawal: symbols for electrical construction drawings.
- Draft IEC & ISO documents: digital audio; laser displays; touch and interactive displays; testing of electronic displays; quantum dot films and diffuser plates; batteries; hand-held motor-operated hammers; and hand-held concrete grinders and disc sanders.
- Recently published ISO & IEC documents: IT - coding of AV objects; system integrity levels; human body measurements for technological design; risk management; and safety of machinery - electrosensitive protective equipment.
- TSP meetings.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available at http://estalink.us/nn7a1.