What's New > ESTA Standards Watch | July 12, 2022
July 13, 2022
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- A six-pack of ESTA public reviews.
- Support the TSP and learn something!
- Register for the Midwest Rigging Intensive.
- New Summer and Fall dates announced for Mental Health First Aid Training.
- WTO Technical Barriers to Trade: banning methylene chloride in the USA; work positioning and restraint gear in Taiwan; and making industry pay for its regulation in the UK.
- ANSI public reviews: BACnet addendum; soundbars; balanced single twisted-pair telecoms cable; assisted-rescue and self-rescue systems; hydrogen gas fuel system components (NFPA is claiming natural gas fuel systems); consumer tech to monitor mental health; grounding rods; programmable component safety; twelve OSI standards and corrections to them (costing $2,044 for the full public review set).
- CSA public reviews: industrial control panels and fenestration.
- New ANS projects: assessing and reporting IT product noise; NFPA standards for aerosol products, oxy-fuel gas systems for welding, natural gas systems for vehicle fuel, parking structures, life safety director professional qualifications; program management; a specification standard for standard specification for IBC inspections; supporting LED screens; math symbols; and dry transformers.
- New ANSI approvals: five addenda to ASHRAE/IES 90.1; particle board; and drone cybersecurity.
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: numerical control system integration; cybersecurity; facility management and organizational behavior; “Do not stare at the light source”; additive manufacturing; part 221 of human-centered design; risk assessment for sports facilities; and power system cybersecurity.
- New IEC & ISO docs: ten SQL corrigenda; assistive products; sustainable buildings; bamboo structures; smart machine tool systems; and space rendezvous.
- TSP meeting schedule.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's TSP.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available at http://estalink.us/nn7a1.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →