posted on 11:47 AM, September 26, 2019
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- Last chance to order Behind the Scenes holiday cards.
- Three draft ESTA standards available for public review.
- Register for 2020 NAMM Show with ESTAATNAMM and save $.
- WTO TBTs: AV equipment and toys in Macao; licensed wireless mics in Canada; meters in Saint Lucia; and LED and sealed-beam lamps in Argentina.
- ANSI public reviews: welding; vehicle audio amplifiers; outdoor event structures; retail fixtures & merchandise displays; hearing loss prevention; more welding; industrial building size; solar, hydronics, and geothermal code; EMC for lighting; industrial control panels; seasonal & holiday decorations; lots of NFPA standards, including grandstands, degreasing, industrial power systems, smoke control, manufactured housing and communities, and protecting cultural resources.
- DIN public review announcement: safety cables.
- New ANS projects: measuring LED array output; ray file format; virtual reality equipment safety.
- Final actions on American National Standards: three ESTA standards; steel storage racks; vertical carousels; hooks; robotic lawnmowers; electronic surveillance; low-voltage switchgear; horticultural lighting equipment safety; BIG data vocabulary.
- Draft IEC & ISO documents: cell and battery chemistry marking; residential and light industry EMC; building energy management.
- Recently published IEC & ISO documents: electrical installations in ships; electrical equipment ratings; wireless coexistence; construction module coordination; bases for structure design; C++.
- TSP October 2019 meeting schedule.
- TSP January 2020 meeting schedule with more meetings and time changes.
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program, with additional donors.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.