posted on 11:17 AM, October 8, 2020
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- Two draft TSP standards in public review.
- BTS Boutique offers unique holiday decorations.
- WTO Technical Barriers to Trade: NIST SmartGrid roadmap; wireless power transfer and vehicle EMC in Canada; and button-cells in anything accessible to an Australian child.
- ANSI public reviews: quantifying loss of productivity; auditing OHS systems; fall arrest device safety; and Data Identifiers.
- BSI public reviews: electrically operated furniture and adaptation to climate change.
- CSA public reviews: bonding non-electrical equipment.
- New ANS projects: machine screw nuts; limits and fits; guidelines for evaluating the quality of government operations and services; steel storage racks; steel shelving; steel work platforms; material-handling turntables; three standards for dock leveling devices; non-active lighting power measurement; and tree risk assessment.
- Final actions on American National Standards: IP codes adopted in the USA; stationary generator sets; and A/V rack safety.
- Draft IEC & ISO documents: earthing and shock vocabulary; laser safety, RCMs; power quality management; fieldbus profiles; wind turbine site risk assessment; aging societies; and urban data integration for Smart Cities.
- Recently published IEC & ISO documents: HES GridWise transactive energy systems; additive manufacturing, environmental management life cycle assessment; plastics recycling; cultural conventions; big data security and privacy; and multimedia cyber technology.
- TSP meeting schedule with more meetings!
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.