posted on 1:03 PM, October 29, 2019
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- One draft ESTA standard for public review: E1.21 temporary structures.
- ESTA chain hoist standard approved and published.
- Register for 2020 NAMM Show with ESTAATNAMM.
- Registration is open for 2020 New World Rigging Symposium.
- Revised carbon dioxide testing protocol.
- NATEAC 2020 calls for presenters.
- NFPA merges NFPA 1983 with NFPA 2500. Comment deadline 15 November.
- WTO Technical Barriers to Trade: machinery in Argentina, cleaning solvents and IT equipment in China.
- ANSI public reviews: robotic welding; lasers in schools; data center best practices; Green Globes for healthy commercial buildings; portable power packs; risk management-risk assessment; power over twisted-pair cabling; cybersecurity for public safety; assessing energy performance and greenhouse gas emissions; bonding and grounding telecoms and IT; ray file format; portable nickel cells and batteries; and mechanical fastener terms.
- CSA public reviews: LEDs for lighting; CEC voltage drop; bonding conductor size; connection of secondary neutrals to ground electrode; and adding IEC conductor sizes.
- DIN public review: safety cables.
- New ANS projects: residential construction and wildfires, earthquakes, and tsunamis; RP for hazardous materials and weapons of mass destruction; and cybersecurity for drone system.
- Final approvals on American National Standards: safeguarding for risk reduction; chain hoists in the entertainment industry; underwater luminaire and junction box safety; and LEDs for lighting.
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: industrial automation reliability; the OSI directory; eight OCF specifications; and lighting equipment inrush currents.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: OLED displays; lighting density; keyboard layouts, protective paint systems, and arm & leg safety distances.
- TSP October 2019 meeting schedule.
- TSP January 2020 meeting schedule.
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Updated list of Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.