What's New > ESTA Standards Watch - November 9, 2021
November 9, 2021
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- Three ESTA standards in public review.
- Three ESTA standards approved and published.
- ICOPER available for public review.
- CM-ET Basic Motor Online Course: learn and benefit the TSP.
- NIST requests comments on 2nd draft of supply chain cybersecurity.
- NIST requests comments on consumer software cybersecurity labeling.
- FCC publishes new Table of Digital Television Allotments.
- WTO Technical Barriers to Trade: the airworthiness of Boeing 777-9s; Canadian tomatoes and cucumbers; and low-votage safety, EMC, and RoHS in Russia.
- ANSI public reviews: RF shielding, traps, and filters; balanced twisted-pair cabling; safety of autonomous products; seven ASHRAE/IES 90.1 addenda; underhung and stationary hoists; lightning protection systems; adjustable speed electric drives; additive manufacturing definitions; and wireless network security.
- Two DIN public review announcements.
- New ANS projects: HVAC system maintenance; three brazed joint projects; nickel battery safety; secure authentication for ESTA streaming protocol; and 19 INCITS/ISO/IEC security techniques projects.
- Final approvals of American National Standards: unmanned aircraft systems; human engineering design in marine systems; control networking; IES standards for resilient lighting, measuring tunable white, and words and definitions; UL standards for holiday decorations and AV equipment; and biometrics used with video surveillance systems.
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: crisis management; risk management; dementia-inclusive communities; software product line management; colorimetry; chain-saw safety; and four IT security standards.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: LED packages; hoists for moving people; in-vehicle Ethernet; sustainable communities; electric vehicle electrical safety; JPEG 2000; coding immersive media and video; software testing; agile software development; and four Ethernet standards.
- TSP meeting schedule (such as it is).
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program--with a new one!
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available at http://estalink.us/nn7a1.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →