What's New > ESTA Standards Watch - November 29, 2021
November 29, 2021
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- ESTA standards in public review.
- Comments on the PIP (3:1) deadline due 27 December.
- More GDTF.
- Manufacturer ID squatting.
- WTO Technical Barriers to Trade: UKCA product marking; toxic chemicals in Switzerland; and SAR and APD for the 6 GHz band.
- ANSI public reviews: capacitors and resistors; certifying electrical testing technicians; workplace safety and health metrics; reducing slips; RV engine-generator sets; and MBE framework.
- New ANS projects: measuring standby power; welding carbon steel plate; active shooter and workplace violence; temporal light artifacts; assessing environmental, social, and governance (ESG) programs; resistors and capacitors specs and use guidance; specifications for EMI suppression inductors; uniform solar, hydronics and geothermal code; uniform swimming pool, spa, and hot tub code; industrial automation security; maintenance testing for electrical power equipment; peer review terminology; NFPA standards for sprinkler systems, fire alarms, fire doors, smoke doors, manufactured housing, and fireworks displays; UL standard for extraneous transients.
- Final actions on ANSs: Homeland Security active interrogation systems; dispersal of routine radiological releases from nuclear facilities; reporting expert opinions; evaluating scientific data; guide for sexual violence investigation; several seized drug and clandestine drug lab investigation standards; guidance for capturing images to use in facial recognition systems; and horticultural lighting equipment and systems.
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: cybersecurity; aging workforce; employee engagement; acetylene manifolds; batteries; horticultural lighting; generic cabling and physical security; driverless industrial trucks; lifts; guidance on easy-to-understand text; accessible design; data privacy; auto-transformer safety; and amusement ride safety.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: in-vehicle Ethernet; using social media in emergencies; robotics vocabulary; AI-aided decision making; IoT; IT security testing; and the effect of light sources on photograph degradation.
- TSP meeting schedule, now with meetings!
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program--with a new one: Sehr Gute GmbH!
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available at http://estalink.us/nn7a1.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →