May 27, 2020
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- PERG Safe Return to Work Guidelines in review until June 9.
- Three draft TSP standards in public review.
- The Event Safety Alliance Reopening Guide is published
- WTO Technical Barrier to Trade notifications: USA EPA changes tailpipe emissions, fuel content, and mileage testing rules; electric vehicles in Bahrain; broadband radio in Canada; and DAB and DAB+ in Switzerland.
- ANSI public reviews: material hoists; confined spaces safety; high-visibility clothing; three-phase UPSs; sound pressure; fire tests of construction materials; resistance brazing; cleaning kitchen exhaust systems; and power quality.
- CSA public review: single-pole, separable power feeder connectors.
- New ANS projects: test uncertainty; IES projects for UV LEDs and mercury lamps; safe construction and demolition sites; fall arrest full body harnesses; fall arrest single-anchor lifelines and fall arresters; remote inspections for AHJs; UL standard for autonomous, unmanned aerial systems (drones).
- Final actions on American National Standards: workplace violence; lounge seating; and two standards for mobile elevating work platforms.
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: photobiological lamp safety; lasers; software testing; high efficiency image coding; and IoT chattel asset monitoring.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: EMC; avoiding electronic image nausea; office equipment accessibility; and cloud metering and billing.
- TSP meeting schedule.
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.