What's New > ESTA Standards Watch - May 11, 2021
May 11, 2021
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- News items in this issue include:
- Six ESTA standards in public review.
- Six ESTA TSP standards approved and published.
- New ESTA TSP projects.
- Public input sought for NFPA 2400, drones for public safety.
- Take mental health action for yourself and others.
- WTO Technical Barrier to Trade notifications: UV and ozone devices in Canada; telecoms and broadcasting conformity assessment in Mexico; lighting and luminaires in Chile; and building products and systems in New Zealand.
- ANSI public reviews: ASTM fire hazard assessment; welding safety; UL fire tests for building construction and materials; descent controllers; IES UV germicidal radiation standard; and a UL standard for industrial control equipment.
- New ANS projects: managing psychosocial risks; welding sheet aluminum; furniture surfaces and cleaning/sanitizing; coding of audio-visual objects, part 32; IoT interoperability framework; IoT interoperability transport; IoT vocabulary; generic sensor network API; and IoT reference architecture.
- Final actions on American National Standards: spacecraft architecture and systems ontology; and testing edge sharpness.
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: network cabling security; IoT DLT/blockchain use cases; adventure tourism hiking and trekking; and trampoline parks.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: primary batteries; five Fieldbus specs; near-field communication; ubiquitous learning resource organization; and a feature-based approach to software and systems engineering.
- TSP meeting schedule for July 2021.
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →