What's New > ESTA Standards Watch - March 10, 2016
March 10, 2016
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here
Please take note of the CSA Group, which has announced draft changes to the Canadian Electrical Code documents that might be of interest to Standards Watch readers. To participate in the public reviews please click here. One proposal is about single-conductor portable power feeder cables!
News items include:
- Five ESTA standards in public review
- One new ESTA standard published to prevent falls from stages and platforms
- AustriAlpin issues a safety notice about harness buckles
- Call for TSP members (people needed in particular interest categories)
- IRS phishing alert
- NFPA lithium-ion battery energy storage systems hazard assessment
- ANSI Open Source event
- FCC News: Revision of Part 15 for devices in the 5 GHz band
- More FCC News: Verizon Wireless fined $1.3 million for supercookies, required to offer opt-out
- WTO Technical Barrier to Trade Notifications for Chile and Indonesia
- ANSI public review announcements about fall arrest, thermal links, and 3D QoE
- BSI public review announcements about security, security dogs, lone workers, etc.
- CSA public review announcements: six CEC proposals, including deleting single-conductor cable rules To participate in the public reviews please click here
- New ANS projects: respirators, emergency signals, golf carts, and birth certificates (Birthers rejoice!)
- Final Actions on American National Standards
- Draft IEC & ISO Standards: lampholders, wire rope, transporting lithium batteries, industrial networks, etc.
- TSP meeting schedule for USITT and NATEAC
- Investors in Innovation (Thank you!)
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →