posted on 7:44 AM, August 1, 2018
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available at http://estalink.us/1wehc.
News items in this issue include:
- ANSI Approves ESTA Standard to Prevent Falls from Stages
- ESTA Posts Three Standards for Public Review
- Register for Workshops on ISO 31000 Guidance on Risk Management Systems
- WTO TBTs: USA lower lead limits; character encoding and fonts for IT in China, EU labeling of toxic substances and mixtures, Saudi Arabia battery safety
- ANSI Public Reviews: air tool safety, aboveground fuel piping, industrial control panels, the NEC, rotating machinery safety, FDT standards, electrical equipment maintenance, Fortran, character encoding (Basque, Frisian, Gaelic, Galician, Luxemburgish, Thai, and more), picture coding methods, and digital security standards reaffirmed and withdrawn
- New ANS Projects: wind turbine elevators, fall protection, FDT standards, seismic restraint, character encoding, IT security, and SQL
- Final Actions on ANSs: ventilation for acceptable indoor air quality, energy standards for buildings, prevention of falls from stages, high-performance green buildings, evaluating transformer losses, industrial control panels, and C++
- Draft IEC & ISO Docs: IoT standards, switchgear & controlgear, arc mitigation, non-active lighting power measurement, additive manufacturing, timber structures, automation system energy evaluation, software quality, several graphic safety symbols (including “Do not put finger in hydromassage jets”), and chain slings
- Recently Published IEC & ISO Docs: four customer satisfaction standards, sustainable communities, additive manufacturing, C, and grouping systems for welding materials—specifically American materials
- TSP October Meeting Schedule
- TSP Donors Who Have Made Long-Term, Multi-Year Pledges
- Updated Investors in Innovation list.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available at http://estalink.us/nn7a1.