posted on 1:30 PM, January 27, 2020
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- One draft ESTA standard available for public review.
- Registration is open for the 2020 New World Rigging Symposium.
- LRLR Raffle and BTS Boutique benefit Behind the Scenes at USITT Stage Expo.
- WTO Technical Barrier to Trade notifications: USA electronic detonators; Japanese 2.4 GHz and 920 MHz radio communications; and Canadian Type I and Type II licence-exempt radio equipment.
- ANSI public reviews: NFPA 4 life safety system testing; NFPA 1194 recreational vehicle parks and campgrounds; UL knife switches; ASME jacks and casters; power supplies for access control; and testing industrial barriers.
- CSA public reviews: low-voltage control devices and ground electrodes for electrical service.
- DIN public review: sound and video workstations.
- New ANS projects: brushfires; chairs for large people; trustworthy artificial intelligence; industrial bump caps; cosmetics; and electronic products sustainability.
- Final actions on American National Standards: safety of machinery and bonding & grounding telecomms.
- Draft IEC & ISO documents: IoT; 3d display devices, eyewear displays; human-system ergonomics; lots of Linux; RF field strength and human exposure; AV equipment power; and circuit breakers.
- Recently published IEC & ISO documents: IT customer premises cabling; avoiding programming languages vulnerabilities; coding of audiovisual objects; and software & systems project management.
- TSP meeting schedule.
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.