posted on 7:11 AM, January 13, 2020
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- International workshop to define a woman-owned business and guidance on its use.
- WTO Technical Barriers to Trade: drinking water in Mexico, crash-test dummies in the USA, and agile broad-band radios in Canada.
- ANSI public reviews: artificial intelligence; six IES LMs and one RP; lock-out/tag-out; service entrance bonding; electronics reuse and recycling; powered platforms and traveling ladders and gantries; installing and maintaining motor control centers; flame effects before an audience; NFPA types of building construction; fire retardant wood and coatings; NFPA standards for competency of third-party field evaluation bodies and for evaluating unlabeled electrical equipment.
- CSA public reviews: industrial automation security, and low-voltage switchgear.
- DIN public review: video & audio workstations.
- New ANS projects: brushfire; office chairs for large people; trustworthy IA systems; industrial bump caps; cosmetics; and electronic products sustainability criteria.
- ANSs done for now: safety of machinery, and bonding/grounding telecommunications equipment.
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: IoT vocabulary and trustworthiness; 3D display devices; eyewear displays; human-system ergonomics part 971; lots of Linux; RF power density and SAR; AV equipment safety; and low-voltage switchgear.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: customer premises cabling; programming language vulnerabilities; audio coding, and software project management.
- TSP January 2020 meeting schedule with meeting room assignments and changes!
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.