posted on 8:27 AM, January 14, 2019
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available at http://estalink.us/9lrmf.
News items in this issue include:
- Aw, You Missed It: the 15 ESTA standards published in 2018
- Two ESA Crowd Safety Symposiums in February
- UL Seeks Technical Panel Members for UL 1640
- No FCC News: FCC staff cut 82%
- No Report on WTO TBTs: Dept. of Commerce Off-line
- ANSI Public Reviews: structural concrete building codes; rope access systems; fall protection; portable lithium cells and batteries; safety & health metrics; mobile audio amplifiers; web-based protocol for remote user interface; reporting ESD withstand levels; four-pair industrial cabling for 1000base-T; cybersecurity for security and life safety signaling systems.
- BSI Public Reviews: structural use of aluminium; lighting products inrush current; revisions to Eurocode 3 design of steel structures.
- CSA Public Review: definition of “grounding conductor.”
- New ANS Projects: testing LED products for plant growth; OSH audit evaluating potential merger or acquisition; audiovisual systems performance; quality lighting for people outdoors; off-roadway sign luminance; quantifying temporal light artifacts; motors and generators; workplace first aid kits; safety for energy storage systems.
- Final Actions on American National Standards: building material fire tests; ignition and flame spread properties; metal components additive manufacturing; connection color codes; crossbow designs; power sweeping; energy performance of dwelling and sleeping units.
- Draft IEC & ISO Documents: industrial automation security; civil engineering works sustainability; software engineering; laminate floor coverings; bases for design of structures; Open Systems Interconnection; safety requirements for encoders—functional, electrical, and environmental; determining the energy efficiency class of electrical accessories; determination of lighting product inrush current characteristics; reliability stress screening; semiconductor motor controllers, starters, and soft-starters; RFI uncertainties, statistics, and limit modelling; Home Electronic System (hes) architecture; sealed nickel metal hydride rechargeable cells; rating specifications for adjustable speed A.C. power drives; safety of OLED light sources for general lighting; EMC testing <16 A per phase; land patterns on circuit boards.
- Recently Published IEC & ISO Documents: IOT vocabulary; C#; SLA framework for cloud computing; Spatial Audio Object Coding; managers of information for users of systems, software, and services; developing information for users in an agile environment; software life cycle management; guidelines for human capital reporting; sustainability management system for accommodation establishments; industrial automation product data representation.
- Updated TSP Meeting Schedule
- TSP Donors Who Have Made Long-Term, Multi-Year Pledges
- Updated Investors in Innovation list showing the generous supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available at http://estalink.us/nn7a1.