posted on 1:13 PM, January 11, 2018
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available at http://estalink.us/2dy97.
News items in this issue include:
- Five ESTA draft/proposed standards in public review
- powerCON TRUE1 safety notice
- Register for NAMM
- FCC News: Islands Update
- 27 Tentative Interim Amendments for NFPA 70, 101, 1126, & 5000
- IEC, ISO, and ITU standard to address personal data theft risk
- WTO TBTs: licence-exempt radios in Canada, luminaires in Israel, IT equipment in Mexico, PPE in Saudi Arabia
- ANSI public reviews: lightning protection, work platforms, BACnet, portable generator safety, etc.
- DIN public review: an EN standard for stage machinery
- New ANS projects: warehouse storage, wooden structure design, loudspeakers, IES TM-30 revision, NFPA digital data, NFPA rocketry and pyrotechnics, etc.
- Final Actions on ANSs: welding fume ventilation, ladders, several flammability standards, video conference room residential lighting, vehicle collision coding, etc.
- Draft IEC & ISO standards: LEDs & lighting equipment, conferencing systems, batteries, XML, USB, application of ISO 9001 in local government, etc.
- New IEC & ISO docs: second-hand goods, life-cycle environmental management, building intercoms, IT governance, threshold sound pressure levels, etc.
- TSP Meeting Schedule for January at NAMM with room assignments
- Investors in Innovation and multi-year pledge donors, supporters of ESTA's TSP. Updated!
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available at http://estalink.us/nn7a1.