posted on 11:09 AM, December 12, 2017
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available at http://estalink.us/s5t8m.
News items in this issue include:
- Four ESTA Draft/Proposed Standards in Public Review
- Mandatory OSHA 10/30 Courses for the Entertainment Industry in Nevada
- FCC Seeks Comment on Spectrum Policy Recommendations
- Hang Out with Riggers in March . . . and with Architects and Engineers in June
- SMPTE Publishes ST 2110 Standards for Professional Media Over Managed IP Networks
- WTO TBTs: Li batteries in Taiwan, projectors in Botswana, everything packaged in India; transformers in Brazil, lamps in Saudi Arabia, fire extinguishers in Bolivia
- ANSI Public Reviews: wireless power, portable generators, laminated lumber, welding robots, measuring power
- BSI Public Review: an EN standard for ladders
- CSA Public Reviews: scaffolding, pool luminaires, antenna towers, drills, cranes and hoists
- New ANS Projects: portable platforms, grandstands, sheet metal welding, rigging inspections, outdoor stage structures, activity monitors, hospitality lighting, luminaire data files, flame effects, measuring tunable white lights, preparing for weapons of mass destruction, drone noise, PA alarm systems
- New ANSs: heat treating, chain hoist performance, uniform mechanical and plumbing codes, wooden structure design, SQL, software & hardware validation
- Draft IEC & ISO Standards: batteries, IoT, risk assessment, instruction books, microphones, UPSs, etc.
- Recently Published IEC & ISO Docs: anodized aluminum, generic cabling, JSON, C++, cloud computing, software life cycle
- TSP Meeting Schedule for January at NAMM, with more task group meetings
- Investors in Innovation and multi-year pledge donors, supporters of ESTA's TSP. Thank you!
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available at http://estalink.us/nn7a1.