posted on 8:13 AM, August 9, 2018
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available at http://estalink.us/7u04u.
News items in this issue include:
- New ESTA Standards Projects: electrical inspections, short-term followspot positions, overhead mounting equipment & practices
- ESTA Standards for Review: E1.5 and E1.29 for fog, E1.62 for portable platforms
- Registration Open for Unmanned Aircraft Systems Standardization Meeting
- FCC OET Requests Comment on Nominet UK White Space Database System
- FCC Seeks Comment on Use of Spectrum Bands Above 24 GHz For Mobile Radio Services
- IES Webinar: Maintenance in the LED Era
- WTO TBTs: chemicals in the USA, radios in Thailand, laser pointers in Switzerland
- ANSI Public Reviews: resistance welding, hand-operated chain hoists
- CSA Public Reviews: changes to the CEC, ballasted guardrails
- New ANS Projects: elevator/escalator electrical equipment, encryption of electronic design intellectual property, battery fire containment products, customer-owned outside plant telecommunications infrastructure
- Final Approvals on ANSs: safety requirements for work platforms; risk management guidelines; IES method for evaluating light source color rendition; standard for fire prevention during welding, cutting, and other hot work
- Draft IEC & ISO Docs: environmental management systems; luminaire track systems; luminaires - general requirements and tests; human exposure to radio frequency fields; building environment design; guidelines for determining environmental costs and benefits
- Recently Published IEC & ISO Docs: lifts for the transport of persons and goods; industrial automation systems and integration; radio frequency identification for item management at 2.45 GHz
- TSP October Meeting Schedule, with MORE meetings
- TSP Donors Who Have Made Long-Term, Multi-Year Pledges
- Updated Investors in Innovation list. THANK YOU for your support!
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available at http://estalink.us/nn7a1.