What's New > ESTA Standard Watch July 29, 2019
July 30, 2019
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- New ESTA project (E1.23) and another public review (E1.62)
- Behind the Scenes holiday cards on sale
- WTO Technical Barrier to Trade notifications: Montenegro, Chile, Israel, and the Republic of Korea
- ANSI public reviews: reducing radon in new construction; weighting acoustical measurements; steel structural welding code; safety of machinery; lighting equipment EMC, fast transients, harmonic emissions; total luminous flux with spheres; lighting BIM; multi-employer health & safety; rope access systems; grounding & bonding telecommunications and ICT; VR video and images; IES TM-30 color rendering; IES office lighting RP; optical-fiber cables; Cat 6 & 6A characteristics; UL standard for professional (not amateur) AV equipment; AV racks; safety of woodworking machines; and CSA standard just about all solid-state dimming systems and controls.
- CSA public reviews: general requirements for Canadian Electrical Code, Part II; transfer equipment; and lockout/tagout.
- New American National Standards projects: data tagging vocabulary; networked parking lot lighting; lighting systems terms and definitions; green globes assessment protocol; care of photometric instruments; plant lighting RP; measuring luminous flux and color maintenance of LEDs; lighting for people older than younger people; and telecommunications infrastructure for industrial premises.
- Final actions on American National Standards; five addenda to ASHRAE 62.1; 17 addenda to ASHRAE 90.1; seven addenda to ASHRAE 189.1; 0-10 V analog control solid-state and fluorescent lighting; digital interface with auxiliary power for devices; and NFPA guides on electrical inspections and electrical inspector qualifications.
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: faecal sludge treatment units; broadband Fieldbus; multimedia equipment EMC; IoT edge computing; rotating machine IP codes; LED safety; additive manufacturing; and woodworking machine safety.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: preparation and use of safety publications; protective clothing against arc flash; wind energy generation lightning protection; SQuaRE quality measurement framework; and disposal of satellites operating at geosynchronous altitude.
- TSP meeting schedule for October 2019
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program. Thank you!
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →